1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If this happened to your kid, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jun 9, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kid's last words with two working arms: "I don't feel tardy."

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Does it not seem as if there's maybe a little more to the story? I mean, the kid's 15. It's not like the teacher's taping up an 8-year-old here. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sort of seems as if it was maybe a joking-type thing that the kid sort of went along with. The kid was hopping around the place and was allowed to take the tape off. It just seems like it was more of a joke than punishment.

Maybe I'm wrong. But something doesn't quite add up here.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So who's the first numbnuts to defend this teacher?

4. When shit like this happens, why is the teacher always put on PAID suspension? I'll never understand how that is punishment. It sounds more like vacation to me.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It's the whole innocent until proven guilty thing, no matter how guilty the teach may appear to be an investigation still has to take place. Believe me the teacher isn't sitting their with a paid vacation, they are likely either talking to their lawyer all week or making alternate career plans. The paid part disappears as soon as they come to the verdict that the douchebag is guilty. still they have to go through the process, just as if there were some legal action taken place against someone over something I had written, there would be the investigation with the person on paid leave and then likely on leave without the pay.

6. Fucking due process. WTF is wrong with this country? :)

7. KG

KG Active Member

Why did the kid hop all the way out to the gym and start trying to take the tape off from a standing position? I guess hindsight is 20/20 but if I were going to be taking the tape off, I'd do it before ever leaving the locker room. Anyone heard any more on this, like comments from other students?

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

At least he didn't tape Larry Lester's buns together. [/looserbreakfastclubfan]

9. sports scrub

sports scrub Member

all you sue happy people are why insurance rates and taxes are through the roof ... the teacher is going to be fired and will probably never work in his chosen profession again, the kid is fine, THE END! Why does there need to be a lawsuit every time little johnny gets hurt, your dumbshit lawsuits are going to make sure every other kid in that school has bare-bones funding for his/her education so you can get a big fucking payday, greedy fucking bastards

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Well, after I sue the shit out of the teacher and school district, I'll tell my kid, 'Bet you aren't going to be tardy anymmore are you?' Kidding.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

When little johnny is duct-taped by an educator and suffers a broken arm as a result, yeah, I'm gonna be a greedy fucking bastard.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sue happy? Sue happy is a frivilous lawsuit based on preposterous circumstances. This isn't such a case. If for no other reason, the suit should be to recover any and all medical expenses.

And I love the lawyer's response: "a major mischaracterization." For real? How so? Either he did tape the kid's legs or he didn't.

That being said, how did a 15-year-old consent to having his legs taped like that? Lots of questions still need to be answered here.

Draft saved Draft deleted