1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the NYT should be prosecuted, why shouldn't Bush? ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jul 3, 2006.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Last week the MSM was consumed with Bush's fake outrage over the NYT's report on SWIFT. The GOP's pinheads lined up to demand that Bill Keller be arrested and that the paper be prosecuted for treason.

Now comes word that Mr. Bush admitted to prosecutors that he "directed Cheney to disclose highly classified intelligence information" in an effort to destroy Amb. Joe Wilson and his heroic wife, Valerie Plame!

If this is true (and given the source, there's no reason to think otherwise) then it seems to me the Democrats (and the few remaining Republicans who actually love the Consitution) should begin drawing up impeachment proceedings immediately.

http://news.nationaljournal.com/articles/0703nj1.htm

ADMINISTRATION
    Bush Directed Cheney To Counter War Critic

By Murray Waas, National Journal
    © National Journal Group Inc.
    Monday, July 3, 2006

President Bush told the special prosecutor in the CIA leak case that he directed Vice President Dick Cheney to personally lead an effort to counter allegations made by former Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV that his administration had misrepresented intelligence information to make the case to go to war with Iraq, according to people familiar with the president's statement.

Bush told prosecutors he directed Cheney to disclose classified information that would not only defend his administration but also discredit Wilson.

Bush also told federal prosecutors during his June 24, 2004, interview in the Oval Office that he had directed Cheney, as part of that broader effort, to disclose highly classified intelligence information that would not only defend his administration but also discredit Wilson, the sources said.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And I'm proud to be an 'Muricin
    'Cause at least I know I'm free.

::)

3. Yeah, I did it.
    Whatcha gonna do about it?
    Unbelievable.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Who could argue with such a credible, cited source? ::)

5. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I can easily believe Bush told Cheney to destroy Wilson. I can't really believe he said to specifically do something like disclose classified documents. That's pure Dick. (Butthead voice: Uh-huh-huh ... I said ... never mind).

Bush isn't smart enough to know how to destroy someone. He's Godzilla. He smash. Cheney's the laser-sighted missile.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Well, yeah, he did it, but IT WAS TO PROTECT THE U.S.

I don't understand why that's so hard for you people to get. Bush would gladly take a bullet for any one of the people in this country. He's proven that time and again through his many efforts, no matter how illegal, immoral or unconstitutional they might be.

Buncha damn ingrates. What more does the guy need to do to prove how willing he is to protect this country?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

As I've noted, before, these clowns have set themselves up as a political Mafia . . . they're willing to sell the soccer moms their
    version of "protection", at a price in individual rights that's FAR too high . . .

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That Bush would direct Cheney to do anything would require a major suspension of disbelief.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I understand your incredulity, but Cheney has followed at least a few directives from the Science-Ignoramus-In-Chief . . .

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Yeah he showed us that during the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Stayed on vacation.

The worst president in U.S. history. Easily.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I always love it when people get on the president for his intelligence.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah, the bad shot's last name is indeed Cheney, Colonel . . .

Keep picking nits, while all our children are being saddled with insane debt, while the top one percent get all the tax breaks
    they can use, while sending millions of jobs overseas . . . yep . . . keep it up.

Draft saved Draft deleted