1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"If the NY Times is around in five years ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I'm only going to say this once: Fuck Nirvana.
    Pearl Jam might not be more important than Nirvana. Just better. ;)

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hannity will be wholly marginalized in five years. The greatest single thing about this political year is that the public is clearly moving away from the whack edges, as evidenced by the primary voting. In a few years, Sean can try to pretend that he hasn't been flat-out FOS over the last six years, but most of us have long memories about the pronouncements of assholes on the public airwaves.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And if the folks running the Times have an ounce of sanity, their primary product won't be on paper.

4. Hey don't know whether you guys would break this in print first -- or on-line -- but I know for a fact that Mr. Jolly has more Pearl Jam cuts than Nirvana on his IPOD -- and I could get that through any sourcing protocol in the country ...

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's not something to be proud of.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hell, I have more Pearl Jam cuts than Nirvana ones on my iPod, but then Pearl Jam has released a lot more stuff than Nirvana.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It's a fax from the Vatican, actually, but I'm with you on the general point.

Draft saved Draft deleted