1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Mounties don't get their man, this guy sure will

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 17, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A father in British Columbia allegedly kills his three small children and then takes off into the wilds of BC.

Mounties look and look for a number of days with no luck.

Then this guy, Kim Robinson, a hunter and trapper takes over.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080417.BCMERRITT17/TPStory/

"The guy looked whipped. He was skin and bone. Who would be afraid of that?" Mr. Robinson said of the prime suspect in the killing of Mr. Schoenborn's children.

"I've dealt with wounded grizzlies and shit. The guy didn't mean anything [frightening] to me," he said, standing in the kitchen doorway of the trailer where he lives with his family just outside Merritt, his thumbs hooked in the pockets of his jeans.

Sticking out of one pocket was a curved grizzly claw, about eight centimetres long. Mr. Robinson said it was a reminder of a bear that hurt him once. He hurt the bear more.

Oh, and he took Blaze, his killer (literally) bull mastiff.

He said he just walked up, his gun ready, with Blaze pulling hard on the chain leash.

"He's a killer dog," he says. "The other dogs, they are hunters and will take off if they get the scent of a cougar. He stays close enough to take care of me. ... I take him when things need to be killed. That's just what he does." Mr. Robinson said he loosed Blaze only long enough to take down Mr. Schoenborn's dog, then pulled him back.

Later, when police arrived, Mr. Schoenborn's dog tried to attack them

I see a a book and movie in this man's horizon.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hmmm....gotta think of an appropriate title for both, first.

"Blaze" of Glory?

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I don't know about a book and movie ... if you see the TV clips, he's pretty darned anxious to get away from the camera.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not to threadjack, but hi flash!

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

it was only a matter of time because if Kim Robinson didn't catch him this guy would

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Rougeau

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When was the last time the Mounties got their woman?

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Hi Alley!

8. Flash

Flash Guest

There's a few Mounties I know that can have one. Any. Time. They. Want. ;)

9. I believe this man may be Ze Burglar Of Banff-ff.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Possibly one of my favourite stories of the year (this one specifically — the situation itself is actually quite sad).

One line kept running through my head the whole time, I think it was from a Jeff Foxworthy routine: "That's a house where a gun lives." Never left my head.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Quite the story.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You guys try and invade us and this dude will kick your collective asses back across the border--again. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted