1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Colts lose ... Would you consider trading Peyton Manning?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 6, 2007.

1. If Manning doesn't win a Super Bowl this year, Tony Dungy needs to wrestle away control of the offense from Peyton and change it up. It is conceivable Manning never wins a SB because he has the Dan Marino mentality of, "I'll do it my way or no way at all".

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It is conceivable that you have no f-ing clue what you're talking about.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

End of thread on the third post. It's the kind of question third graders debate when they're trading football cards. Show me the team with the cap space to trade for him.

Of course, Indy might convince the Patriots to trade Tom Brady for him straight up. *eye roll*

4. Dyepack - Oh really? Please enlighten the masses as to why Manning will win a SB running this style of offense. Can you say Warren Moon, Jim Kelly, and Dan Marino before you even start to explain?

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

If you think the Colts and the '90s Bills run the same style of offense, you need to keep working on getting that first clue.

6. Dye - Great job explaining your position and yes, I know the 'K-gun' hurry-up offense run by Jim Kelly is not the same as the Colts.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Your Bills action figures may run the same style of offense, though.

8. What is the internet term, when someone chooses to ignore a debate and resorts to name calling and insults? Someone please tell me this poster is just having a bad day or is this par for the course?

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Generally par for the course. Though, I choose to find it amusing.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'd love to see the Chiefs win 12-9 without getting a single first down the entire game.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Par for the course with Dye, but he's right on this time. No way Peyton gets traded and it's ridiculous to entertain such nonsense with his contract in today's NFL.

12. Sportschick - I don't think Manning will be traded or should be, cap or no cap implications. I just think he needs to relinguish some control this offseason if they don't win the SB.

Draft saved Draft deleted