1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If that ball lands in my yard again I'm keeping it - you'll get arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 20, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081020/NEWS01/310200028

After reading that, I am going to do a 180.

The kid is in the right.

Happy Halloweeen, Miss Jester.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

She'll be handing out razor blades, with apples wrapped around them.

3. jps

jps Active Member

I knew there must have been a reason that tom petty missed some time there between posts ...

glad you're out, tom, and keep up the good fight.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Because my parents felt bad for her, and we did what our parents said because they bought us a nintendo - among other things.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You know spnited would keep the fucking ball.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Damn, I thought it was a baseball, not a football...I was sure there was a Zack Hample joke to be found somewhere...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

BYH just screamed...

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

... and Mrs. BYH just sighed. :D

9. KG

KG Active Member

Unless they were causing damage to my property, I'd want the little farts to get the ball out of my yard, not keep it for myself. However, I can understand. It is her yard and she doesn't want the kids or the ball in her yard, and she shouldn't have to put up with it if she doesn't want to.

10. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Crazy next-door neighbor once called the cops on us for hitting Wiffle balls into her yard. (They didn't have a fence.) I think we might have hit a couple off of her house or near the house or it was the sound of the ball, but she said her husband didn't like loud noises, had some disorder. Next summer, husband was out watching their fireworks display so that was b.s.
    She was a crazy woman who once had a knockdown, drag-out argument with her oldest child and screamed at us for watching.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

If this is something that is constantly happening, that's one thing. I just don't see the harm in a neighborhood kid's ball coming into a person's yard. If it happens, just give the ball back. It's just kids out having some good old-fashioned fun. Hell, at least they are outside playing and not glued to the television. If it's that big of a deal, maybe this 89-year-old woman should move to a 55 and older community, where there aren't any kids outside playing. She should have just given them their ball back.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We used to play touch football on a dead end street in our neighborhood. Occasionally, we'd run a play toward the edge and run up onto the grass next to the house of an old man who lived on the corner. He'd always come out and tell us to scram because "it sounded like an earthquake out here". We weren't running into the house, just on the grass. Sometimes we'd fall on the ground. It wasjust ridiculous, and even as 12-year-olds we knew it.
    So, we'd stop playing football and go egg houses or something. That old man spiked the delinquency rate along McClellan Avenue by about 300 percent from 1989-92.

Draft saved Draft deleted