1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If McNabb is overrated, how about ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thebiglead, Sep 18, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Not going to say Garcia is better than McNabb. But in a "what have you done for me lately" sports world, where if you don't win now you get criticized, McNabb hasn't been winning lately and can't take the criticism that goes with it.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In McNabbs 5 post season losses he's thrown 5TDs and 9 INTS and was somewhere around 50% completions, but that's skewed by a 30-51 Super Bowl perfromance

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I understand why they were booing. But you don't think that was unfair to McNabb? Don't think he took that personally?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Uh, he's got one NFC championship. You don't don't count a championship for a game you lose, which is what happened the other three times they made it that far.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Honestly, I think all the bullshit has gone to McNabb's head. I really had questions about where his career was going until Monday night, when it was painfully obvious that his receivers can't catch a football to save their lives.

Put McNabb with someone that can catch a football and the Eagles will be golden. It was incredibly stupid to draft another QB in the the second round when McNabb needs a supporting cast. It just made things worse.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Was it unfair to McNabb? Sure. It was his draft day, his day to shine and he came out to a cascade of boos, which were not directed AT HIM. He said that he took it personally when he came out, but once he learned more about the situation, he uses it more as fire to play better.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Still...we're talking about criticism and bullshit he has taken from Philly fans. That definitely qualifies, even if it wasn't personally directed at him.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Any time a player is playing in a large market, they are going to be criticized. There is no bones about it. A-Rod was lambasted last year in New York, Jeter even has taken some flak. There is a difference to the media attention between say, a Donovan McNabb and Trent Green or Damon Huard.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm a McNabb fan. I think he has spent almost his entire career as a very good quarterback with a mediocre-at-best offense.
    His complaints, however, are hollow and a crock.

10. IU90

IU90 Member

A question out of curiosity, Chuck. I seem to remember you once being the site's designated champion of Michael Vick in these QB debates without ever saying a word about McNabb. But then, right after Vick goes down, you suddenly take on a seeming obsession with McNabb. Are the two occurrences related? Did you decide McNabb would be your new boy because you lost Vick?

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I never came up and made a whole thread about Vick. When you guys talked about Vick, I talked about Vick. I never came out and said Vick was a "top 3" qb in the league.
    I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to say "Well there goes the black qb that he loved, now he's found a new one to loathe". It's not the case. McNabb is a great qb, period end of story and what I said to defend myself is all fact.

12. IU90

IU90 Member

I wasn't trying to do anything, Chuck. Just couldn't help but notice that you seem to have suddenly developed a McNabb obsession out of nowhere the last couple months, and the timing is a bit conspicuous the way it began right about the same time the guy you used to always argue for in these QB discussions went away. Just wondered if there was a connection.

Draft saved Draft deleted