1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If it walks like a Zuck and feeds like a Zuck ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, May 21, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Glenn Beck met with Zuckerberg about the faux controversy of Facebook's left-leaning news feed.

Mark Zuckerberg really impressed me with his manner, his ability to manage the room, his thoughtfulness, his directness, and what seemed to be his earnest desire to ‘connect the world’. I asked him if Facebook, now or in the future, would be an open platform for the sharing of all ideas or a curator of content? When I asked this question I told him I support his right to pick either direction. They are a private-owned company with investors who can decide what is right for them. They can decide what is right based on profits or based on interests or on principles or on social justice. I hope that they want to be open, but I will fight for their right to be who they want to be even if I do not like their decision. Without hesitation, with clarity and boldness, Mark said there is only one Facebook and one path forward: ‘We are an open platform.’

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Chris Christie already has the job with Trump:

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He's a community playhouse actor, Glenn Beck. That's it. That's all. He's rich based on his willingness to carry water for very wealthy men and postmodern America's embrace of postmodern bullshit.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is such a tempest in a teapot. There might be some curated news that does not fit your ideology pushed your way on Facebook, but how hard is it to get a feed full of conservative, right wing news? Hit "like" on Redstate, Faux News, Drudge, Breitbart, etc. and you'll get all you want. It's dead easy.

Alma, I don't know if you read any of that article, and I don't particularly disagree with you re Beck - which is what made it all the more surprising when he seemed reasonable and rational about something I expected him to throw fits about.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Who the hell even looks at the "news" on Facebook?

They're a private entity. They can post whatever they want on their site. If I don't like it, I can take my freeloading ass to another site.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And now on to other things of importance like who's peeing where. We'll attack Supreme Court vacancies and why we sold our souls to the Donald later.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted