1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I'm going to out myself, I'm going to do so via massive home run catch fail!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Jul 17, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The ball would have stayed in the stands and Bubs would have thrown himself over the rail..

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck no. That throwing the ball back shit is stupid.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No shit. I've been to probably 80 baseball games in my life and never once came close to a home run ball, or even a foul ball. I finally catch one, I ain't throwin' it back.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ditto.

Only caught one foul ball in my life (off the bat of Cal Ripken Jr., 7-14-01, two pitches before he homered in his final at-bat in Atlanta); and never have come close to a home run ball.

No way I'm throwing that back.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Ditto ... I'll commit sacrelige for saying this, but I sat in the Wrigley bleachers once (actually, the uber-expensive reserved "boxes" a friend couldn't use). I brought an old ball from home just in case.

My record of having never caught a ball continues over nearly 30 years of going to baseball games. However, my 2-year-old got one tossed to him at the third game he had attended in his life.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Nice choke job, asshole. You drove 6 hours for THAT?

Also: I was at a low-level minor league game once and took a line drive foul ball off my right shoulder. Was too busy drinking and BSing with a friend.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

If I can play the doddering old man for a second, that is amazingly sharp video. It wasn't too long ago that watching video on the web was like watching a kinescope of an old Milton Berle show.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Whoa. That was a bit harsh. It wasn't a Tom Watson-level choke or anything. [/crossthread]

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I went to the Saturday and Sunday Reds/Brewers games. Did not have a ball come close to me. I did feel like the biggest douche ever as I waited with a group of small children to obtain the autographs of Daniel Ray Herrera and Micah Owings. It was for my stepsons, who are with their dad. And the thrill a child gets from having a real life Major Leaguer is the only reason to wait for the autograph of either of those two guys.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Second deck seats? What are you, a journalism major?

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I've never come close to a HR ball. Got two from foul territory, one on the fly, one that bounced around. I've had a lot of close calls too, at least 3 that whacked off my frying pan hands.

Kid or adult, it's a thrill.

Draft saved Draft deleted