1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I see another "Vote Freedom First -- GOP" bumper sticker, I'm going postal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Mar 7, 2008.

1. WASHINGTON - The White House says President Bush will veto legislation on Saturday that would have barred the CIA from using waterboarding — a technique that simulates drowning — and other harsh interrogation methods on terror suspects.

Bush has said the bill would harm the government's ability to prevent future attacks. Supporters of the legislation argue that it preserves the United States' right to collect critical intelligence while boosting the country's moral standing abroad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080307/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_torture

When did torture become OK? I know it's a cliche at this point, but if we're willing to give up what makes this country great in the name of "the war on terror," then the terrorists really have already won.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The terrorist won when I started having to hear people talk about NASCAR on the radio.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

For me, it was poker. Hate the poker on TV.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Soccer. I blame soccer.

5. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

The terrorists win because we can only chose between the same two fucked-up parties election after election after election. To paraphrase the latest Carlin HBO special, government doesn't give a flying fuck about any of us.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I blame JV cheerleading.

7. rube

rube Active Member

I blame varsity cheerleading.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

From the AP:

An Iowa Republican congressman said Friday that terrorists would be "dancing in the streets" if Democratic candidate Barack Obama were to win the presidency.

Rep. Steve King based his prediction on Obama's pledge to pull troops out of Iraq, his Kenyan heritage and his middle name, Hussein.

"The radical Islamists, the al-Qaida ... would be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on Sept. 11 because they would declare victory in this war on terror," King said in an interview with the Daily Reporter in Spencer.

King said his comments were not meant to demean Obama but to warn how an Obama presidency would look to the world.

"His middle name does matter," King said. "It matters because they read a meaning into that."

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of this shit. If waterboarding is OK, why did we try a Japanese officer for doing it in one of the war crimes trials after World War II?
    What has changed in the last 60 years?

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Re: If I see another "Vote Freedom First -- GOP" bumper sticker, I'm going posta

I always thought that life as an adult would not be as stupid as middle school. I always thought that enough people would grow out of that mentality to overwhelm the idiots.

I was wrong.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Carlin, as usual, is right.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I blame bocce ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted