1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I have to watch one more commercial that tries to sound like NFL Films ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Sep 18, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I may go on an AK-47 rampage through a crowded shopping mall.

Seriously, can't somebody come up with an original idea?

I suggest that we now boycott all companies that have such commercials on the air.

Burger King and Campbell's Chunky Soups (as soon as my pantry runs out) for starters. There are a couple other companies running such commercials right now, too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Any takers for the boycott?

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I say they can do the commercials--if they can get John Facenda for the voice-overs.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Speaking of commercials about football, the Southwest Airlines commercials that end with the tag, "It must be football season" are great.

I particularly like the checkout guy opening his register, raising his hand and saying, "I'm open over here" quickly followed by a customer dropping back and firing a pineapple at the cashier's head.

4. Does the burger King guy give anyone else the heebie geebies? Just weird dude, just weird, especially in the commercial where he was outside that guys window.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Did you see the one they air right after that? It's a preschool and you hear the "sucking through a straw when there's no soda left" sound, and it's revealed a couple of toddlers with their face painted and wearing one of those "drinking" hats. Hilarious.

My favorite Southwest commercial is the one where people are waiting in line at the theater box office and a guy drops something and bends down to pick it up. Then, the woman behind him gets into a crouch behind him and starts barking out signals. It's priceless for the expression on the woman's face when the commercial goes to freeze frame.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I wonder if NFL Films' commercials sound like NFL Films commercials. ???

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

We need more commercials like the Geico ones with Don LaFontaine (the movie trailer voice) and Peter Graves.

Classic.

Draft saved Draft deleted