1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I could turn back time...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Jun 17, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Raiding BYH's closet again, Buck?

2. I'm a little surprised how many people want to see Kennedy get capped.
    There are about 100 events in the Bible I'd like to see. I suppose the one I'd most like to see is the resurrection of Christ. To hear The Sermon on the Mount would have been pretty cool too.
    I'd love to be able to go back and view the Seven Wonders of the World. The Colossus of Rhodes was about as big as the Statue of Liberty. What the hell did THAT look like in ancient days?
    Also on the list are the signing of the Declaration, the delivers of the Gettysberg Address, watching Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel (I know it was like 14 years), and the creation of the Earth.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

See it? Shiiiiit, I want to ... never mind. :D

I imagine sailing between the legs of a large, naked man would feel about the same in ancient times as it would be today. You best hope it's not raining. :-\

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I want to hang out with Elizabeth I and see whether or not she had sex with Robert Dudley.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

SC, not Catherine the Great to see if she had sex, umm, in the stables?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Robert Dudley was hot. Catherine's horse scares me.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I used to think that Oswald was the lone gunman, but after reading a new book I am convinced there were at least two and possibly three gunman. That's not from me, that's from Bobby and Jackie O. But to me the biggest "what if" of the second half of the 20th century was if Bobby Kennedy was elected. So, I would have liked to have been there to stop that assassination.

On a personal note, I would have made the move to the big city (halfway across the country) when my girlfriend at the time got a new job. There were a number of reasons why I didn't, but I always wondered what would've happened. (would we be married? would we have killed each other? Broken up after six more months?)

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'd go back and cock block bostonbred's father.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

In history, I'd want to go back to something in WWII. I love that era. D-Day, V-E Day, Pearl Harbor.

Personally...I'd want to go back in time and get to sit down and have a good visit with my grandma. (She died when I was five and aside from several home movies, I have no recollection of her.) I got a lot of memories of my other three grandparents before they died, but my paternal grandmother I never really got to know.

10. Sheri

Sheri Member

I'd like to see a T-Rex taking prey. I'm pretty tired of people and our events, really.

You know, the ad at the bottom of this page is asking me if my dog is vomiting. I don't have a dog. Google must be slipping.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Sports:

Secretariat at the Belmont
    1980 US/USSR hockey game
    Augusta 1986

Historical:

Gettsyburgh, PA on Nov 19, 1863 to hear Lincoln deliver those words

Dallas on Nov 22, 1963. Wouldn't want to be in the Depository, though. Rather, behind the fence on the knoll or some other alternate firing location in front of Kennedy.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Historical: Watching the Boston Tea Party, the Declaration of Independence signing, Lee and Grant at Appomattox, Lincoln at Ford's Theatre.

Sports related: Watch any ordinary 1920s Yankees game to see Babe Ruth, Joe Louis kicking the crap out of Max Schmeling, Bobby Thomson's homer in 1951, the Ice Bowl.

Personal: I'd like to meet my three grandparents, who died before I was born, and to see my grandmother, who died when I was 15.

Draft saved Draft deleted