1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I could get rid of one thing in sports...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's got little hands.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why does he have to walk out there at all?

It's a substitution. They are made in every other team sport without unnecessary delays.

3. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

BCS
    Notre Dame's perpetual spot in the top 5 of every preseason poll, whether the Irish won 10 games the year before or just two
    Chris Berman
    Duplicate NASCAR races at the same tracks (like at Pocono, where the triangle track's two races are just a few short weeks apart)
    The designated hitter
    Artificial turf in baseball (football I can understand)
    Dick Vitale
    Screamin' A. Smith
    Stuart Scott's litany of catch phrases
    The NASCAR season having only two months of an off-season. 25 races is more than enough.
    Stock cars having as much in common with the cars we drive as a F-22 Raptor compared with a Sopwith Camel
    Ties in soccer and hockey
    The NBA's overly long season (starts in October/November and ends in June)
    Spacing out the NBA Finals where it takes seemingly weeks
    Making the first round of the NBA playoffs a seven-game series rather than five
    Overly long NHL season (see NBA season)
    Over-specialization of pitchers in the Major Leagues
    Continued overkill of coverage on Danica Patrick (smoking hot, but has ONE IRL win) and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (a decent career, but he's not a superstar by any means except in merchandise sales and sponsorships)
    Coaches denying interest in a job, then taking that job a few short weeks later
    John Madden, AKA Captain Obvious
    Magic Johnson on TV. He is the worst NBA analyst...ever. Bring back Bill Walton, please!

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They did?

Shows how much I've followed boxing in the last 10 years.

I don't know what was more ridiculous, a sanctioning body's Intercontinental championship (ripped off from the WWE) or the WBA having two heavyweight champions at the same time.

5. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I need to add:

* Players who sit out rather than play for the team that drafted them. The team should own the rights to the player until he/she is traded, released or sold. Just be happy you're in the pros, you prima donna bitches.
    * Foreign baseball players getting to bypass the draft.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They deserved a chance to play in the BCS championship game, for sure.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

People who think you can call it a national FBS championship when many teams in the FBS have no chance of winning it from day 1.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Harley living in the 50s.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Oh, bullcrap!!
    So an athlete should have to be forced to play for a clueless organization like the Cincinnati Bengals or LA Clippers just because of the luck of the draw? I understand the importance of drafts for competitive balance, but organizations like this demand this sort of disrespect. It's amazing it doesn't come up more often.

Draft saved Draft deleted