1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"If I can change, then you can change..."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Sep 17, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Rocky IV about to start on Versus.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I will break you.

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Thanks, MU, I didn't realize I got VS. I love the training montage in this flick. The juxtaposition of Rocky's old-school training and Drago's high-tech is great....I forgot they had a robot.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Fixed.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Little Known Fact: Andrei Kirilenko starred in this before he went off the HGH.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

You Can't Win!!!

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I forget what punching power Drago hits, but isn't it something that would punch a hole in a car door? That movie lost me a little because I knew if a human actually took those head shots, he'd have been way dead.

Not that Rocky wouldn't have died from the number of unblocked head shots in any of the other movies.

8. Jeremy Goodwin

This movie has skewed my view of the Cold War. I don't recall the Berlin Wall coming down and the history that I know is from books and class. When I think of the Cold War ending I think of Rocky beating Drago and the post-fight speech.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I enjoy this movie when it's on, but this was the plunge into music video land. The soundtrack is great though; the lyrics to Burning Heart and No Easy Way Out are hilarious.

A great training montage, set to another bad 1980s tune, Heart's on Fire. Isn't this the only Rocky film in which some version of Gonna Fly Now is never heard?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If he dies, he dies.

11. Jeremy Goodwin

I think we're going to need a montage. MONTAGE!!!!

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

One word: Brigitte.

Draft saved Draft deleted