1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If he could think of a better plan, he wouldn't be ashamed of his grades

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Sep 14, 2009.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So what did you do to hide a bad report card? Ever try a fake kidnapping?

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2009/09/boy_fakes_kidnapping_to_shed_b.html

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No child left behind, but sometimes bookbags and report cards left behind.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That last line slays me.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I once forged an entire gradecard. And got away with it. All to cover the D I got in religion. Go figure. ;D

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Oh, I got some BAD grades in religion. I damn near flunked one year because I got a poor coloring grade and almost always got awful grades in conduct. Something about asking a lot of questions (many of which admittedly I asked to be a pain in the ass)

My teachers always thought I'd either end up a great advocate for the church or Satan's right hand man. Turns out, I'm mostly apathetic.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

There are places where report cards are issued in mid-September??

Holy crap. My kids just went back to school a week ago Tuesday.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I never went to a school that started after Aug. 20 because school had to be out and done by May 15 at the very latest. If they split up their semesters into three six week periods instead of two nine week periods, then it's entirely plausible that he was bringing home his first report card.

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Who the hell takes a class in religion? Was that in college?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hmmmm, that's interesting. But I'm curious, Wenders, why did school have to be finished by May 15?

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

We had it from first grade to eighth. I think officially it was an off hour, twice a week. There were always a couple kids that didn't go and did something else (what, I have no idea), but in our tiny very German catholic town no one batted an eye.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I went to a very rural high school in Kansas and they had to get the farm kids home so they could be ready for wheat harvest and all of the rest of the stuff they do in the summer. Almost no school in the rural parts of Kansas really went past mid-May for that reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted