1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If AP isn't giving us college FB skeds until August ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Jun 23, 2008.

1. 1HPGrad

1HPGrad Member

As a precaution to anyone tempted to copy and paste, the Big Ten schedule posted is from last season. Probably not one Michigan is interested in replaying. Or Ohio State.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Thanks, I had the SEC already.

Now, at the end of the day, I have all of the BCS skeds ready to go if I and when we should want to run them. ACC, Big East and Big Ten has them all on their site, Big 12 and Pac-10 were cool to e-mail me text versions.

I'll probably grab C-USA and Sun Belt another day.

I guess you'd call this the Jobu method. Works, anyway.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seriously, henry, still wondering why you would want to run every college schedule?

4. joe

joe Active Member

For god's sake, make sure you run helmets with those schedules.

5. SavebyKeans

SavebyKeans New Member

What is this thing you call a "special section?" For that matter, who gets the newshole to run skeds in their regular section anymore?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You ever try to fill up an agate page in the summer?

7. SavebyKeans

SavebyKeans New Member

You need some horse and harness racing. That'll fill it right up.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't know about Henry's shop but skeds make great filler for early editions.
    Say you have a late-breaking coverage and you have an inside page slotted for it.
    But the early edition deadline comes around and the copy isn't in. You slap in a pre-formatted skeds page to fill it and send it to press.

Draft saved Draft deleted