1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idiot comment of the week

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ringer, Nov 3, 2009.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Of course you didn't see it in the article. The article was a poorly researched hack job. If you'd read even three of the comments, though, the actual story would have begun to emerge.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

i didn't read the comments. i definitely was thinking he came here as an adult. Rovell should've tried to talk to his hs and college track/cross country coaches or at least mentioned that he competed as an amateur in the US. i kind of quickly jumped to Rovell's defense because i think he's a good writer and a good guy but he didn't do a good job here.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Rovell screwed up on this, but he usually does good work. He's best when he's writing about the business of sports and sticking to straight reporting, not opining the way he did in that mess.

I do give him credit for stepping back in and saying he screwed up. He did it fairly well, even though I am sure there are some who will want him to flog himself worse.

4. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Seventy-five percent? You are, I bet, way too optimistic. I'd say about 90 percent.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

you're probably right....which means 9 out of 10 posters here couldn't pass it.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

For anyone who wants to try ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13442226/

I got, ahem, 20 out of 20.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I got 19. I didn't know the form question.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I got 20 out of 20, but I had to take an educated guess about the INS form required to become a naturalized citizen.

Draft saved Draft deleted