1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Identity of Foley's IM Buddy to be Made Public

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Next time I'll get you a yawning puppy. Don't want to distract from the utter boredom over the thread topic.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Well, I made the mistake of clicking on the link D_B posted. Someone has grounds for a hell of a lawsuit (and some dumbass intern at ABC who forgot to totally black out an IM address may be involved). Some idiots have waaay too much time on their hands. And I hope to God no network or newspaper picks up the information.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

D_B, why would you even feel it's necessary to look into the kid's identity?

4. tyler durden 71351

Well, my fears were realized. Drudge and The Daily Oklahoman picked up the info...bad, bad, bad judgement. I don't expect much from Drudge, except a lot of errors, but for a newspaper to run with the info, that's low. Drudge is all excited because the boy was 18 at the time...yeah, that makes Rep. Foley look just great

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The conservatives in this country have a psychopath problem.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

C-SPAN reports via roll call that Hastert will appoint former FBI director Louis Freeh (he of the Bush medal of freedom, and failure to do anything to prevent 9/11 infamy) to head an investigation into the page program. Also, Hastert will announce the formation of a tip hotline for pages to call if they are being harrassed. No word if Hastert will bury his head in the sand when the hotline tips roll in.

Bullshit on him not resigning. Bullshit.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Bullshit on the spinning going on. Listening to Rush's show today was un-fucking-believable. He named the page and then built this incredible conspiracy theory around it.

The NeoCons don't understand why someone would save IMs, but it has been reported that all page computers were monitored. Why hasn't the media hammered this home?

8. tyler durden 71351

I hope that page sues the shit out of some people...that fat drug addict being the first one. Christ, the kid works for a very conservative congressman. I'm sure he's not a Democratic operative.

Draft saved Draft deleted