1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Identity of Foley's IM Buddy to be Made Public

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Breaking News, Identity Of Person Rep. Mark Foley Instant Messaged Coming Soon.

I have what I believe is the identity of the person that Rep. Mark Foley instant messaged.

I will be working on the story today and will present my findings tomorrow. I will put out a press release later today outlining what I will reveal on Wednesday October 4th at 4pm Central Time. I have also sent emails to major media and two United States Representatives. This will be a major news story and there is the possibility that this story may not be well received by the major news media. More updates throughout the day. Stay tuned to Passionate America for this breaking story. http://passionateamerica.blogspot.com/2006/10/breaking-news-identity-of-person-rep.html

2. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

This will not end well...

3. Crazy rightist blogger attemprs to shift story, blame media.
    D_B Fals For Transparent Ploy.
    More Alleged News after the break.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Ban this douche once and for all.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The identity of Rep. Mark Foley's IM friend has been revealed.

Sources close to the situation have confirmed the young man's name is Bobble Head. He is the identical twin brother of Butt Head, who achieved fame many years ago on the MTV series "Beavis and Butt-Head."

It has also emerged that Rep. Foley may have posed as a teacher to facilitate his encounters with the boy. Business cards with the name "David Van Driessen" were found in a desk drawer in his Washington office, along with handcuffs, a gag ball, condoms, an industrial-sized bottle of KY jelly and a 16-page brochure entitled "The Idiot's Guide to Teaching High School AND Winning Election to Congress."

When contacted Wednesday and asked to comment on his connection to Foley, Bobble Head said, "huh-huh-huh-huh, huh-huh-huh, cool." A reporter pressed him for details, at which time the young man's demeanor noticeably changed. He called the reporter a "dumbass," muttered "this sucks" and terminated the call.

An attempt to reach him at his last known workplace, Burger World, was unsuccessful. His high school principal, a Mr. McVicker, is on a stress-related vacation and no one at the school would comment about Head or about the teacher known to students as "Mr. Van Driessen."

Efforts are still being made to learn more about Bobble Head, who does not appear to be quite as socially gifted as his brother Butt. Other than his relationship with Foley, not much is known about him other than he is a fan of heavy metal music and regularly trolls partisan Republican Party fan sites for anonymous male sexual partners.

For regular updates, please visit the website www.dbisafucktard.com

- 30 -

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Here is the best part:

"I have contacted several bloggers to check my finding and verify that they are indeed accurate."

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'm skeptical, too.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I always knew there was something fishy about that Mr. Van Driessen.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Merge this with the "bloggers getting sued" thread and beat the rush. I can't imagine any reputable news organization wanting to touch this with a barge pole. "Yeah, we'll run the name of a 17 year old boy who swapped dirty IMs with a congressman..."

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I can kinda sorta maybe see the reasoning behind releasing the name of a rape victim/accuser (like in Kobe's case). But releasing the name of a juvenile?

That's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Of course, I'm guessing some of these bloggers are the type to also post his photo, home address and phone number too.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Every time I see this picture on the board, I don't think "Yawn." I think "Tweez."

Looks like a dude in women's clothing and/or Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer's Secretary.

Draft saved Draft deleted