1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Identifying Jenn Sterger

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by geddymurphy, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Regardless of her background or how she dresses or what magazines she's done, she never asked Favre to send her picks of his junk.

I feel a hell of a lot sorrier for her than I did for Inez Sainz.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I agree with this. An unwanted sexual advance is an unwanted sexual advance no matter who you are or how you dress. Period.

No one should have to spontaneously receive pictures of dicks, any dicks, sent from guy they have never met.

3. geddymurphy

geddymurphy Member

I can't quite buy the notion that the rest of her resume is irrelevant. Yes, you have to mention the Jets. But while identifying her solely as "former Jets employee" may not be as egregious as "former community organizer Barack Obama" or "former Wasilla mayor Sarah Palin," it might be the rough equivalent of "former UNLV student Arianny Celeste" or "former music writer Chrissie Hynde."

The realization that she is a public figure changes the dynamic of the story. She has a lot at stake here. Maybe Versus decides they don't want such a distraction on their show, and she loses her primary gig. Or maybe someone decides she's ready to go to the mythical "next level" while she's in the news. Does she exploit this situation for publicity? Run from it and try to concentrate on the next "Daily Line" show?

So I'd agree that the headline isn't "Favre may have sent photos to Versus host." But the ESPN.com headline the other day, "Woman in Favre case ...," is just silly. She's not anonymous.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, I brought up the cleavage/clothes issue in response to a comment that she was being further exploited by the media because she was only being pictured as a hottie, thus making the story even more salacious. I thought that was an amusing take, since she's rarely pictured any other way.

I don't care how she dresses, that's her schtick.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I have trouble believing she's been particularly traumatized.

6. Mizzougrad96

I find it curious that she could be on every talk show out there and has, thus far, declined.

That surprises me.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

At this point it helps her credibility. Could it be possible her Versus contract does not allow?

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

She apparently doesn't want to be overexposed.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Her invisibility on this is brilliant. She still gets the publicity without having to answer any tough questions or make mistakes.

10. Mizzougrad96

Very true.

11. Louisiana Rain

Louisiana Rain New Member

I'll explain it another way that maybe you'll understand.

Though YOU might not "buy the notion" that the rest of her resume is insignificant, a judge in a sexual harassment trial would. There's a difference between what we feel is right and decent and what matters in the legal world. Savvy?

Otherwise, be prepared for thousands of women all over the country to make front page news when they reveal pro athletes have sent them pics of themselves.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If you believe Daulerio, from the beginning she wanted nothing to do with the story going public.

If you don't believe Daulerio, why pay any attention to any part of the story at all?

Draft saved Draft deleted