1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idaho, this journey awaits you ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Wisconsin man bikes from northern tip of Alaska to southern tip of Argentina in about 10 months:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=567463

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Wow.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Talk about saddle ass.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I didn't think you could drive it in 10 months, let alone bike it.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

A week late in replying, but I'd love to do a San Diego/Seattle to Portland, Maine ride one of these years.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My niece did a Vancouver to Toronto ride when she was about 19. Pretty impressive.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

the problem with rides like this isn't the muscle power needed or even the ass pain. It's getting the permission slip from the better half.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

OK, I spend a few too many minutes looking at Rand McNally and a bike ride from Anacortes, WA to Acadia, ME is roughly 3000 miles. At 200 miles per day -- with four rest days scheduled -- it would take 19 days to cross the country with a detour from Port Huron to Buffalo through Ontario.

Sounds like an amazing way to spend the month of May or June. If I do it in a couple of years, I'll be sure to ask my friends at SportsJournalists.com -- that means you, ServeItUp, Patches, Scorpio, etc. -- to provide roadside assistance and cheerleading as I pass through your stretch of road.

Draft saved Draft deleted