1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ice, ice baby

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Posted this on the college basketball thread a few days ago, but the live shot of OTR remains the same ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Day four here.

But hopefully we get power this weekend. From what I've been hearing, it could be as soon as tonight.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If I didn't fear retribution from the sack-swinging Bubbler fans on this board, I'd come up and stab you in the neck with my frozen house keys.

4. KYSportsWriter

Just got a call from my mom.

Apparently the power in my hometown is out ... everywhere.

That's fucking grand.

5. Bubbler

Put on your skates, bitch! :D

We got the snow equivalent of your ice, so if it's any consolation, I had to shovel an assload of snow on Wednesday, most I've shoveled since my Wisconsin days. Our town didn't move much more than yours did, though we didn't have the pain-in-the-ass power outages.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't like sack-swinging Bubbler. I'm a fan of supple-assed Bubbler.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The mental picture of either one is too much...

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Because I still don't have Internet, so I'm typing on my BlackBerry.

Thank god for this thing. When I was sans-power last year for 5 days, the cell towers were so fucked that my phone was basically worthless.

Anyway, the boss's wife likes me now because I'm providing for her a warm place to sleep that's close to her work. Thank god I upgraded to a 2-bedroom and I have an air mattress. I did have to run around like a mad person and clean though, because cleaning the last few weeks has not been high on my priority list, so I had clothing strewn all over my room and I still haven't unpacked 90 percent of what's in the guest room, so I had to basically push it into neat piles against the walls.

Now, we're doing the paper but we don't have a server with any of our settings. This entire week has been a nightmare for those of us who are *lucky* enough to have to work.

9. KYSportsWriter

Power just came back on at home. Hopefully it stays that way.

10. Bubbler

I'm glad I could inspire you so, Slappy.

Draft saved Draft deleted