1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ice cream of the future

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Apr 7, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yesterday, at the NCAA championship game, I had some Dippin' Dots for the first time in years.

It got me wondering, at what point does it become the future? These damn dippin' dots have been the ice cream of the future for at least 12 years now. I'm pretty sure the future is now.

So what's the ice cream of the future now? Regular ice cream? Sorbet? Gelatto?

I don't think I can take this anymore. At some point, they need to admit that the future is either A. Here, or B. Not going to involve dippin dots.

I got the cookies and cream flavor by the way, I feel like you all need to know this. And by all of you, I mean the night shifters, I don't think the day crew would fully appreciate this thread.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I've been saying this for years.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My first taste of Dippin' Dots was at the now-defunct Opryland back in the 80s. The Jetsons held up better as a model of the future than the dots.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I hear that Pinkberry frozen yogurt stuff is pretty darn good.

I've never had it, has anyone else?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

http://www.dippindots.com/company/

The future is old enough to drink.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dippin Dots is the nastiest stuff ever. If you buy it at a sporting event, it's melted before you get back to your seat, so the dots are nonexistent.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Sbarro followed by Dippin' Dots: the meal of a man who realizes he made all the wrong decisions in his life.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

When I saw them on the councourse at Shea Stadium about four years ago as the only ice cream, it really did feel like ice cream of the future because Shea Stadium felt like a 1960s dump and about four scoops of it cost $5.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Ugh. They're all over LA and it's crap. Extremely trendy and overly expensive crap. Give me soft serve or gelato any day of the week.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Interesting. Personally I don't think anyone does it better than Baskin Robbins after all these years.

11. KG

KG Active Member

I prefer some Baskin Robbins chocolate.

Dippin Dots was invented by a couple from the same town where the recipe for Krispy Kreame doughnuts was created. That's my useless FYI of the day.

Edit: NVM, Dippin Dots is now headquartered in the same place. Close enough.

There's this tiny little doughnut shop in Paducah that I swear has the best doughnuts ever. Somebody bought the wrong recipe.

12. Needs_More_Cowbell

Needs_More_Cowbell New Member

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/time_traveler_everyone_in_the

Draft saved Draft deleted