1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I would go to the movies more often ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Jun 6, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

... if all theatres were like the Alamo Drafthouse.

http://drafthouse.com/blog/entry/she_texted._we_kicked_her_out

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

... if theaters wouldn't allow dumbass parents to take underage kids to inappropriate movies. Like the parents who brought their toddler to the matinee of "The Hangover 2" on Saturday.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was funny. I would just hope that they're careful enough not to play that at the kiddie flicks.

One time, my parents and I went to see a film, and a group of teens/early 20-somethings were yakking away during the film. With each other, not even on their phones. My mom finally yelled, "Can you keep it down? We're trying to watch the movie!"

A couple of girls screamed and cursed back. Then they were shouted down by the rest of the theater.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

... If teenagers were forced to attend other theaters, preferably in a different plane of existence.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't blame teenagers. I've seen plenty of so-called adults who were just as bad.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

So very true indeed,

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The theater I frequent has a much older clientele. I'm in my early 40s and I'm often the youngest person in the theater. Sometimes I wish there were teenagers there. Some of the senior citizens WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER talk and talk and talk.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

That was awesome. I plan to give the Alamo Drafthouse some of my business the next time I am in Austin.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I am officially jealous that you have the opportunity. :D

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm 25. Sometimes I text in theatres. I was watching the hangover 2 last week and I had to pull my phone out a few times to shoot an e-mail to an editor, or a contact, or my real estate agent. Just one of those things. And no, I didn't have time to wait.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

... if it wasn't so damned expensive.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Sorry .... then step out. Your phone screen lighting up is distracting and annoying.

Draft saved Draft deleted