1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I wonder what my mailman thinks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So this afternoon, I'm laying around watching TV and I have my windows open since I'm working hard to avoid the big electric bill. And it just so happens I'm watching that Cathouse show on HBO and the hookers are jibber jabbering about what they like to do.
    And my mailman cruises up to drop off my mail and you can see the TV from the window by the mailbox near the door. So I can see his reflection in the TV and he stops what he is doing and starts watching TV. He takes off his iPod earphones and He's acting like he is filing stuff in his mailbag and going through the mail, but what he is really doing is just watching the show. He stands there for like five minutes, just hanging out. The hookers aren't even naked, they were talking about vibrators and such. But didn't stop the mailman from watching.
    It was good stuff. I was proud that I didn't start laughing or say anything, but it made me wonder what the mailman thought.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

If he's your regular mailman, he probably already knows more than enough about you.

3. Too bad your mail carrier wasn't female. You could have invited her in to masturbate on your couch.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You probably made his day.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed out loud at that one...

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Respect.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I call bullshit. Unless you Tivoed it or called it up on pay-per-view, HBO doesn't show Cathouse in the mid-afternoon.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not a matter of respect; has to do with this thread
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/39340/

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Actually neither. I have Comcast onDemand and I had heard a little rumor that they were putting up the new Sopranos and Entourage before the premiere like they did for the Wire.
    So I was checking it out. That isn't the case by the way, or at least not this early.
    The best part, to me at least, was that in my mail I had two thank you notes from a not-for-profit foundation I had done an earlier article on.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He probably doesn't think you're gay anymore.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Me too.

12. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I had to laugh at that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted