1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Will Never Complain About Brent Musburger Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 9, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And I agree, that which I've heard from him is very good.

My point, I guess, is that I don't think there's anyone under 50 who has the cache of Musberger, Franklin, Jackson or Lundquist, and I'm not sure if any of the current crop will get to that level.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Brad Nessler's over 50, but not far over.

If you're looking for a good announcer for the next generation, don't even bother looking at Fox.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fox will never do a college game after it loses the BCS to ESPN. So there's a ray of hope for fans.

4. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

Extra Mustard always leads with a photo of a hot chick. That's what makes it the best feature on the entire site.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Boom, you are a good man. I promise you that you will enjoy hearing "You are looking live!.." and "pad-ner" for now on, after hearing last night's nightmare. It was so bad, I was lucky to find Bob Barry on my radio and listened to him. Ah, the glory of AM radio at night...

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Won't they still have the Cotton Bowl?

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

As far as the band girl, she should take a hint from Alyson Hanningan...

"This one time, at band camp, I stuck a hot dog down my mouth..."

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I hope Tebow not only comes back next year, but through his sheer force of will makes the NCAA give him an unprecedented fifth year of full eligibilty just so TV announcers can spend two more years trying to top each other. The over-the-top comments were easily the best part of last night's broadcast. I will not be satisfied until Tebow runs for a touchdown and Brennaman exclaims, "I want to have Tim Tebow's baby!"

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I liked it when they discussed the quote from the OU defender that Tebow would be the fourth-best QB in the Big 12. Brennaman sounded like someone insulted his mother.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Yes. What does that say about us?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, dear God yes. If you paired him with Gary Danielson you would lap the field for best FBC broadcast team.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Pollution was such a 60's liberal cause. Now we need a picture of Al Gore crying over the planet burning up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted