1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Will Never Complain About Brent Musburger Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If anybody is qualified to use "we," it's Switzer in relation to OU. It's the fanboy homer use of it I hate.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really hated Musberger when he was on CBS, but I enjoy his work on ABC, the radio broadcast was quality stuff. He's no Keith Jackson, but he does bring a level of gravitas to a big game that is lacking from most announcers (especially Fox announcers).
    Another big problem with the broadcast is the quick cuts to commercials to squeeze them into any stoppage of play. I couldn't tell if the cuts were by mistake or not since there was no "we'll be back" or music segue. Very weak stuff. The studio stuff from LA, 4,000 miles away was the worst and brought nothing to the telecast.

3. It's not just us:

http://www.newsok.com/fox-team-left-a-lot-to-be-desired-calling-bcs-national-championship/article/3336542?custom_click=lead_story_title

"Fox Sports' third and final telecast of a BCS national championship game came up lacking. The network covers only five college football games a season, and it clearly showed Thursday night."

There's another story about it here, but WARNING, NSFW. For some reason, this cnnsi.com site has a picture of a chick in a bikini. Why? Why not, I guess.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/extramustard/01/09/fans-fed-up-with-fox/

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The four-screen shot is worthless. Burn it and bury it

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Those choppers on the bikini chick are NSFW.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Hey, it's the Hot Mustard section. Or Spicy Mustard. Or Grey Poupon. Or something like that. Anything goes! Clicks! Hot Clicks, even!

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As far as the next generation of announcers, is there anyone out there that could become the new 'voice of college football'?

I'm not sure I see anyone with the potential to be a Big-Game Brent, let alone a Jackson or a Lundquist.

8. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

Does Crying OU Band Girl remind anybody else of Iron Eyes Cody?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Johnny Dangerously

Ron Franklin could be that guy if ESPN/ABC let him.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

How young is he?

11. Johnny Dangerously

Well, true. He was born in 1942. I still like his work better than anybody else who does play by play.

12. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Well he obviously has a big mouth since he's taking Murdoch (or Mudoch if you insist) and Tebow at the same time. I wonder which is saltier? He was awful. Fox sucks with college football.

Draft saved Draft deleted