1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"I will light you up!"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jul 23, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No idea. Do you think it was in his system when he was on the job? If so, he should be fired.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

Yeah. The bail is a big issue/problem.

CNN is saying that she was upset that she couldn't find anyone who would bail her out. With a woman who dealt with suicidal issues, who had ingested a large amount of marijuana, that might lead to suicide.

It's really sad, and she should not have been locked up.

But, what got this story in the news is the family's insistence the would not have committed suicide. CNN is interviewing a family friend right now who is still sure she didn't commit suicide.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know. Maybe he was in a bad mood because he was hungover. Can you check? Cops drink like fish in all the TV shows I watch.

My point is you could substitute alcohol for marijuana in your pot post. The only thing that makes it a worse choice is that it's illegal.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

LTL, I always figured it stayed in the system 30 days or so. But I assumed in this case the testing was able to detect how much was in the system? I haven't taken a drug test in 20 years, so I don't know what the capabilities are now.

6. YankeeFan

But it keeps coming up!

I keep being proven right. Sorry if that seems stale to you.

old_tony likes this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So your saying it's the cop's fault after all? Or the cheap family?

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

News flash! Millions of Americans smoke pot.

9. YankeeFan

Care to give some evidence to back up this theory?

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Are you saying alcohol use can't lead to problems?

11. YankeeFan

Can it be a combination of events, and decisions? Isn't that how things usually work?

Change any one of the ingredients and the whole story plays out differently.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I have no idea why I keep clicking on this thread. I should kick my own ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted