1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Want To Smack The Old Guy. . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

. . . who is on the series of golf promos that is playing during the PGA Championship.

First off, what is this old guy doing in the forest with a bunch of young kids? Wouldn't you be a little worried if it was your kid?

What's with his hat? Nobody wears a golf hat like that.

Finally, I get enough golf advice from my buddies so I definitely don't need any from some old guy in the woods.

<edited because I made a mistake>

2. And why are these kids playing by themselves?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Kids ain't reading newspapers OR playing golf anymore, I guess. They have to play by themselves.

And it is definitely. No a. Not trying to be a dick. That's one of my peeves.

4. The old man in the ads is former USGA president Sandy Tatum, if anyone cares.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

"I'd rather have them playing golf, then playing by themselves." </Joe McGrath>

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're expecting perfect spelling from a sports information director? P'shaw. :D

7. Moderator1

Whole lotta shit I can't spell so I have no room to give anyone shit. But definitely and ridiculous are two of my pet peeves. Them's easy words.

8. Moderator1

Just saw the old guy in ANOTHER one with the next Wie.

Draft saved Draft deleted