1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think I have Favre stigmata

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When I woke up a little while ago (my 4-year-old got sick last night and I was up until 6 a.m. watching over him), I noticed I had a strange, reddish dot on my right arm near my elbow.

It looked sort of like an ink blotch, but it didn't add up. I had long sleeves on all day yesterday and into the night. It looked a little like a spider or bug bite, but there was no visual evidence of a distinct bite mark. I rubbed at it and nothing happened.

Then it dawned on me. My blotch is in the exact spot where Brett Favre was hit in the Packers-Cowboys game last night. Could it be? ... Favre stigmata?

Why am I the chosen one?

I am a Packer fan and I was excited about the game, but I wasn't breathless about it. I told many of my co-workers I thought the Cowboys would win because it was at Texas Stadium. Are the Packers gods punishing me?

On the other hand, is it because I pleased the Packers gods when I invoked the name of Lynn Dickey when I fast-forwarded through my DVR'd game last night when I noticed a No. 12 behind center. I think I said, "What the fuck is Lynn Dickey doing in there? ... And how'd he get so thin?"

I guess I'm not supposed to understand the Favre stigmata, only to accept it.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Take a handful of Vicodins and call Mark Chumura in the morning. Then we'll talk.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Mark Chumura is already at his neighbor's house, in the hot tub.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Packers are already saying Favre will play against the Raiders.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It could be a coincidence, but my stigmata washed away in the shower. I'm confident in the belief that my stigmata disappeared because of Favre's Lazarus-like rise from the dead.

Or that it was ink all along. Your choice.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Bubs, Did you happen to eat at Al's Hamburger Shop? I have ever had that mark appear on me, but that is not my kind of food, so I have only watched others chow down there.

Draft saved Draft deleted