1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I still hate Kobe, but damn he's got skillz

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

^Bryant scores 50 again
    NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Kobe Bryant became the second player in NBA history to score at least 50 points in four straight games when he made a 20-foot jumper with 5:13 remaining in the fourth quarter against the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night.
    Only Wilt Chamberlain has exceeded that mark, scoring at least 50 points in seven consecutive games during the 1961-62 season.
    Bryant has now scored 50 or more points in seven games this season and 18 times in his career.
    In his previous three games, Bryant had scored 65 points against Portland, 50 against Minnesota and 60 against Memphis, all Lakers victories.
    His 50th point gave the Lakers a 100-92 lead over the Hornets.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I hate to say I told you so, but........;)

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Only 29 shots this time. Way to share the ball, Kobe.

Upon further review: Only one assist???

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Phil told him to shoot the ball and he's listening to his coach. Next.....

5. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

4-0. Bottom line, they're actually winning games now that he's scoring at will. And, don't say they're beating bad teams. They were losing to bad teams before. Check their schedule and you'll see the crap teams they lost too. At least they're beating them now.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

It is refreshing to know that they're finally beating the shit teams that were beating them.

7. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Gotta start somewhere, right?
    I can understand not liking Bryant, but hating on him during this stretch just doesn't seem right. He's the most dominant perimeter player in the game right now and the Lakers are enjoying a win streak in large part because of Bryant's run.
    Wanna hate on him? Do it when they lose 4 in a row and he's shooting 37 percent from the field.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That Zen Buddhism bullshit does work with someone like Kobe!!!!!

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Maybe we need a "Running Kobe scores 50 points thread."

10. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I don't care that he's done it against shit teams, still impressive. I don't know if it makes him the MVP, though.

Golden State and Memphis up next, so this streak could hit six.

11. Grohl

Grohl Guest

This is not meant in any way to knock Kobe or what he's done, which is damn impressive. But Wilt averaged 50.4 points a game over an entire season, in '61-'62. Yes, I realize it was a different game, different time, different position, etc. But I think what Kobe's doing just reminds me how unbelievable that stat is.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

A_F, I agree with your point. Those teams have players who are getting paid. At least try to defend #24. No one cares how sorry your team is.

Draft saved Draft deleted