1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I stand in awe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Had 2 horse-shit high school basketball games Friday night; Witnessed a girls team go an eye-popping 7-48 from the field. Witnessed a guys game where there was a combined 61 points (a 34-27 contest) that set the game of basketball back to the days of the peach baskets.

But it was on the way home that made the evening a rousing success.

Stop at McDonalds, and grab a burger, fries, and iced tea.

Me and another guy get the same thing; Third member of our trifecta orders a Double Quarter Pounder, a Big Mac, and a 10-piece of Chicken Nuggets.

I look at him and say "Shit, your wife is gonna love the hell outta you, briinging home food for her and their daughter. He says, "these aren't for them."

8 minutes later; It was gone; All of it; It was like there was some monster inside of his stomach that sounded like a garbage disposal that he just kept dumping food down it.

Sad thing is, this fucker is 6'3 and about 190.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

His name: Kobayashi

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Get with the times, dog! It was Joey Chestnut!

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

When he was about 15 years old, my brother could routinely put away a Big Mac combo meal with a 20-piece McNuggets on the side.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He died the next morning of a stroke, a heart-attack and diabetes simultaneously.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Shit, I used to work with a dude who was 6'0 165 who could put down insane amounts of food.

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I lived with a friend of mine for a couple of months, and his wife would cook us equal portions. I gained 10 pounds in a month. He merely burped.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Some days I miss eating like that. (And a QP, BM and 10-piecer isn't that much food ... more like a snack to me.)

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

and by Tebow they're McNuggets

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Had a classmate so big he couldn't sit in the swingy classroom seats bolted to the table and had to sit down front. Went to lunch at a BBQ place and found out why. I got the 2 meat combo, pork and chicken, which was a pretty hefty meal. This guy steps up:

"Umm... I'll have the four-meat combo." (Pulled pork, ribs, chicken and sausage).

Girl behind counter: "Okay, sir. You get three side items with that."

Dude: "Hmm... lemme get fries, uhhhh, let's see... make that double fries... uhh, and for my third side can I get an extra rib?"

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

...on eight toes.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't know what to tell you man, I could do that easily and I'm 6-1 180

Draft saved Draft deleted