1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I quit my job. Now what?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pallister, May 9, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Do the things your White Sox inner child has only let you dream about ... like getting drunk on Mad Dog 20/20 and attacking an opposing first base coach. Make it happen while you can!

Seriously, good luck. That takes some balls. I quit my very first job in journalism, and though it took me several months to get going again, I don't regret it a bit.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I thought you were going to suggest he put a couple blow up dolls in his apartment/house to help him find a job.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Good luck, pallister, just stay away from the Northwest. We have enough unemployed journalists headed this way (Hi, Angola!). :D

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not that I did it by choice, since my paper went tits-up in January, but I agree with andyouare. I've been freelancing a ton, and writing about stuff that has interested me unlike anything I've written for a long, long time. Doesn't hurt that I fell into a freelance gig that pays about 5-6 bills per story, either. They've put me on writing health-related articles, so I've been writing about new hip replacement protocols and new cancer treatments. I never thought that stuff would interest me, but this gig has opened entire new avenues for me.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

You rotten sonofabitch. :)

I was going to say that.

:)

Good luck pallister. Here's some leads for you:

[​IMG] (There's your soulmate on the cover!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three tattoo magazines? Seriously?

If that fails, you can always start a BLOG!!! written from the point of view of a Republican-voting tattooed White Sox fan. Fill a niche, I always say. :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Have you thought about taking some classes at the local community college?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Kudos, BYH.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Good for you. It's about time.

This world is always going to be about what's good for us.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Shit.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How about working as a roadie for a thrash metal band?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

12. Does Ozzie need an assistant?

Draft saved Draft deleted