1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need to get out more *** movie version

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 10, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Nats got their ass kicked yesterday afternoon and my wife was done watching her DVRed soaps early. So we're left without a good TV option and she - of all people - starts surfing.

She ends up on this movies called The Breakup. I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone it is a Vaughn-Anniston thing. Kinda cute, a decent movie. Wife cried like a baby when it was over. Chick flick-ish but more than tolerable for a guy.

My question, though, is how did I go through life not knowing this movie even existed? Surely with those two in it the thing was well hyped?

What other movies have I missed? Hell, what other anything have I missed?

2. Well there was this one about these snakes, see. And they were on this plane.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

She cried? I couldn't wait for them to break up. Nice apartment, though.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Apparently, Dale Jr. is leaving DEI. There might be a thread on it.

Also, the Cubs' suckitude continues unabated.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I know I'll lose man-card points here ... but, the movie version of The Notebook is unbelievable. When I die, I want it to be that way.

I watched another movie one day, and when it was over stumbled into another theater for the free screening. Just a well-done love story. Emotional. Cute. Funny at times. Chickflickish all the way, yes. But when the ending ended, fade to black, not a single person left the theater with dry eyes. So goddamn emotional.

6. Moderator1

In the theater, when she walked out naked after the wax job, was she, uh, naked? I thought my wife was going to have to do CPR.

She held out hope they'd get back together.
    Very nice apartment.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Spot on. I was actually rooting for them to come to blows.

The movie bombed, Moddy, IIRC. That might be why you didn't hear so much about it. I just caught it on HBO the other day.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Don't feel bad, Moddy.

I've never heard of that movie till clicking on this thread.

9. I actually preferred the alternate ending on the DVD. They met up at some outdoor event and were dating look-alikes of one another.

And my 400th post is about the Break Up. *hangs head*

10. Moderator1

They break up.
    But I'm not saying anything more.
    Oh, yeah, Jennifer Anniston gets naked.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Real naked, as in not a body double? Nice. Me think it's time to go to the video store.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fixed your post.

Draft saved Draft deleted