1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need someone in Nashville ASAP

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by In Exile, Oct 30, 2007.

1. In Exile

In Exile Member

Not a stringer job, but probably one day of paid research in the Nashville Public Library, looking for something very specific on microfilm. Must be kept confidential, and at the end of the day you will have my gratitude and an acknowledgement in a sports book that you will be proud to be associated with. PM me for more details etc. Students OK.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Quite possibly the coolest job posting I've seen here.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Damn, I wish I was within a short drive of Nashville. This sounds intriguing.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Hell, I'm tempted to do it just for fun. If nobody's on this by the weekend, it's road-trip time.

5. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

In Exile: from one author to another---if this is just one day of research, and it's your book, why don't you do the research yourself?

You know exactly what you want, and if this is such a confidential thing, then I would think you would want to keep it to yourself, both from a proprietary standpoint and to make sure nothing is lost in translation.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Maybe he's nowhere near the area and just needs one piece of information.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

What if he's in England? Would you fly to Nashville, of all places, for one day of research? I think not.
    Maybe he's writing on Bud Adams' addiction to strippers named Oiler Honey.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

That would seem to me to be the case.

9. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

over/under for resumes on this one? 40?

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Very cool posting. I've spent many a day in the bowels of a public library poring over the microfilm. Can be really tedious but finding what you're looking for is a zillion times more rewarding than coming up with what you need via Google search. Then you gotta find a dime for those little printers...

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

This is one mystery job posting that sounds like fun for a change.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Up to 25 cents now in most places for microfilm printouts ...

Draft saved Draft deleted