1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need some good pissed-off music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Feb 12, 2007.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

That makes sense, but if I recall, the lyrics had him singing it to a woman. OK, just checked out the lyrics and there are no male or female pronouns....Maybe there was a girl in the video.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Probably. I doubt MTV '86 was down with gay anthems. Well ... they were, as long as you didn't show anything overtly gay.

Because Adam Curry was so macho, ya know.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

What are your thoughts on "Slick Black Cadillac"?

4. Oh no, there was never anything overtly gay on MTV during the 80s ::)... Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Culture Club are overplayed example of intentionally gay ... and then there's a zillion others of arguably unintentionally gay that time did not favor ... Hungry Like the Wolf, Thriller, Adam Ant, Wham and anything by Hall and Oates ... didn't the little guy cop to hundreds of anonymous gay trysts?

Not that I'm gay bashing, but an entire generation of hairspray and tights (for men) can send a feminine message ...

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm for it. In very, VERY small doses.

Draft saved Draft deleted