1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need help sj.com with wife and a high school reunion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

It worked in the Enterprise spot ... come on, Sonner. You're better than that!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You mean your friends haven't met your wife yet?
    Or just high school friends that you haven't spoken to since high school? In which case, are they really still friends.

Don't force the wife to go. If she wants to stay home with the kid, let her. Go have a good time and bring plenty of pictures of them to show off.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Because his mom looked like Stacey's?

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Dude, ditch the missus. But you have to let HER go to HERS by herself.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Bingo. If they're really good friends, you can always arrange to meet them some other time so they can meet your wife/SO.

And yeah, go by yourself and enjoy yourself. We all do things we don't want to do to make our loved ones happy, but can't believe anyone would ever think of "forcing" their spouse to attend an event like that ...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tell you what... After looking at the thread title in a different light, I'll help with your wife, everyone else can help with the reunion...

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

An update...

Not bringing the wife was the correct call. I would say only 20% or so of the attendees brought a guest with them.

What else I learned for the next reunion...

1. Get a room if possible at the hotel. I did this and it made things so much easier. I did not have to keep a running count in my head of what I had or did not have.

2. Dress up more. You have to go with at least a sports jacket. I was not the most underdressed, but I should have done better.

3. It is very depressing seeing married women with teenaged children go after an old flame. Depressing.

4. Facebook. Facebook. Facebook. I'm on it, and it is huge.

5. My Blackberry was a huge call for showing off pics of Lil 93.

6. I wish they scrapped the DJ and some of the other crap for a lower price. This might have brought out a few more people. maybe renting the back room of a restaurant and moving everything to the bar when needed.

All in all, a great time and I am glad I did it.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Was his name Ted Buckland?

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Glad to see you had a good time without your wife.

I'd have a problem with someone who distrusts my parents as much as she does yours. That, and someone who is that unwilling to compromise with you if you go to shit she wants to. If you don't, well then you ought to negotiate.

But it's good that you didn't force her to go along with you.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

She is much better with my folks. Every visit is better and better.

She just had/has new mom worries.

Draft saved Draft deleted