1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need help from Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

A call to my brothers and sisters in Chicagoland, especially anyone in the Homer Glen/Tinley Park area.

Four months ago I sold one of my bicycles on eBay to a man in that area. Now I need it back ... eBay deal gone bad.

Anyone will to pick it up for me, let me send them some cash via paypal and then ship it to me?

Contact me via personal message and we can sort out the details.

Thanks

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You should pledge your undying love to Jay Cutler and then maybe the locals will help you out. :)

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

SportsJournalists.com turning into a repo outfit; can't wait to see how this turns out.

Prepare the battering ram!

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Ebay didn't help you get it back?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe 21 can send Lou...

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And he can ride it all the way back to Idaho.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I've filed complaints with eBay but haven't heard a word back from them

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

When you say "pick it up" do you really mean "take it in the dead of the night"?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That sounds an awful lot like "drug deal gone bad."
    If Idaho's first question in his PM is, "Do you have a problem with violence?", run. Just run.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If it's a tricycle I might be willing. Anything else might be dangerous.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

All Idaho is asking you to do is to travel to somewhere in Chicago, probably one of the lovely apartment buildings near Comiskey Park (or whatever the fuck it's called now) and ask nicely for his bike back. On the off chance the person says no, he will be providing black clothing and a crowbar which should help you get what you need.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Screw Ebay. They do nothing to protect the seller and never have. Go to PayPal! Get to talk to a manager. Explain what happened, they will give you your money back. I had to do this once for a cell phone sale gone wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted