1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need a new computer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dirk Legume, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

The one we have now is about 6 years old with one upgrade about three years ago.

I am looking to spend between 6 and 7 hundred dollars and I don't need a monitor.

We are a PC family. And it has to have enough graphics kick to let me play Tiger Woods Golf.

Oh yeah, word processing and homework stuff and all that too. ;D

So...what do I want?

Thanks for the help.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I spent less than that last year and got a nice setup from Dell. Just check ads in the paper when they had a sale and bought online.

Some people here don't like Dell, though.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I bought a Dell three years ago and don't have any problems with it except I need to buy more memory. Just make sure you don't cut corners like I did. My computer runs slow because I cut corners trying to save a couple of dollars.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think most of us with Dell issues have laptops. The laptop screens tend to go early.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Commodore 64

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've got a Dell desktop and have no problems.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have a desktop and a laptop... had to reinstall windows in my desktop last year, but other than that all the work that's been done is of my own doing like more memory, a second hard drive, dvd-rw drive...
    Here'sa a link to some Dell Coupons; some are above and beyond their own deals... I saved 750 off my laptop last year

http://www.momsview.com/dell.shtml

Draft saved Draft deleted