1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I may cry like a little baby, but I ain't no BOY!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RedSmithClone, Dec 4, 2007.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

All I can say is WTF is wrong with people today? Seriously?

How can this country survive with so many friggin' idiots walking around?

NFL looking into Rolle comment that official called him ’boy’

NEW YORK (AP) – The NFL is looking into a postgame comment by Baltimore cornerback Samari Rolle, who contends an on-field official called him “boy” during the Ravens’ 27-24 loss to New England.
    Rolle identified the official by his number rather than by name following the Monday night game, which was marked by several disputed officiating decisions.
    “The refs called me a boy,” Rolle said, according to a transcript of postgame comments provided to the media by the Ravens. “No. 110 called me a boy.”
    Both Rolle and the official, identified in the NFL official guide as head linesman Phil McKinnely, are black. The 53-year-old McKinnely played in the NFL as an offensive tackle from 1976-82. He spent five seasons with Atlanta and one each with the Rams and Chicago.
    “I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint,” the 31-year-old cornerback added. “I have a wife and three kids. Don’t call me a boy. Don’t call me a boy on the field during a game because I said, ’You’ve never played football before.”’
    The Ravens were demonstrative after the game about the officiating, especially on the final drive that led to Tom Brady’s pass to Jabar Gaffney for the winning touchdown with 44 seconds left. After the touchdown, set up by a fourth-down defensive holding call on Jamaine Winborne, linebacker Bart Scott was penalized 15 yards for complaining and another 15 yards for throwing the official’s flag.
    “In a game of this magnitude, you don’t make that kind of call,” Rolle said. “Let the players decide the outcome of the game. You can crown them champions now. I’m not taking anything away from them. They are a great team. They’re not asking the refs to help them, but it’s just an empty feeling.”

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If the NFL wants its fucking thug/punks to behave on the field, they have to adopt a uniform response to complaints of this sort:

[​IMG]

In a game of this magnitude you shut the fuck up and play.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

“In a game of this magnitude, you don’t make that kind of call,” Rolle said. “Let the players decide the outcome of the game. You can crown them champions now.

[​IMG]

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's nice to see that the "Black/Brown Guy Shoud STFU" Brigade never takes a day off around here.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's part of their charm.

I mean, you can be brain dead and know what Hondo's next post is gonna be about.

6. Starman

White boys should STFU, too. If Brett Baby Jeebus Favre threw a ref's flag into the stands, he should have been chucked out of the game instantly, too.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but he only threw the flag into the stands BECAUSE HE LOVES FOOTBALL!!!!

8. Double Down

Can white guys be "fucking thug punks" though? Just want to know the rules before I play your game.

9. Starman

Here's Byron McKinnely, the cracker redneck calling Rolle a "boy":
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Double Down

Congrats, dude, I was at the game last night, so I know exactly what McKinnley looks like.

None of that is the point here. We're discussing the "fucking thugs/punks" line.

Again, I ask, can white guys buy "fucking thug punks?" Just want to see whether that falls under the verbal Starman justice code people find so cute around here.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I aspire to be a "fucking punk thug," but all I am is a humble message board poster with a big-ass dick.

12. Double Down

Zeke you give yourself too much credit.

Draft saved Draft deleted