1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love you TJ Simers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by VJ, Sep 13, 2007.

1. VJ

VJ Member

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The part where he talked about doing his part to help these people get through another day of Americana was awesome.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"I was basically lifting everybody's spirits".............

lol

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've been waiting for this to start since he put out the word six weeks ago for volunteers to take him in.
    He's not for everyone -- as evidenced on here before -- but for me, he's fantastic.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Loved the video...

(When talking about the controls on the machine...)

Farmer: "We only use those when we have to hook up machines to it. Like if we have to dig a grave."

Simers: "Oh, well, that might come in handy later then."

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Didn't Paris Hilton already do this?

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Hilarious, even more funny when you realize that an entire state is fuming over his antics.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I don't understand people who don't get his bit.

You read the column archive, look at 2 pieces, and you've GOT to get that it's an act.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Of course it's an act. It's complete schtick. But when people fall for it -- like, 95 percent of the people who read him and the athletes who deal with him -- it makes it funnier.

10. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Vintage T.J.

If you ever get a chance to hear him talk about lazy sportswriters, it's the equivalent of 15 of his best columns. He came to Chicago for an APSE regional meeting a few years and told about 2 hours worth of stories pertaining to how he goes about the craft of reporting. This was before he was a columnist.

Basically, he doesn't take no for an answer and out-works all of his competition. Had the sports editors in stitches with some of his tales. He's a great motivational speaker.

He got the last laugh on the SEs too. Flew first class from LA to Chicago and hit them up for a $1,200 plane fare.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

TJ's act is a schtick, but he's also a schmuck.

I have never heard somebody say TJ doesn't work hard. But you can also get hard work from a jackass.

12. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Tell us here, Brett. I'd like to know all about what he said.

I love Simers' stuff. Some don't, but I do.

Draft saved Draft deleted