1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Love The Smell Of Panic In The Morning

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Because some GOPers put being "liked" by the mainstream media ahead of everything.

I honestly don't see anything racist about it. Maybe I'm too color-blind.

2. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I only wish it was something about Widespread Panic, as opposed to another one of Fenian's GOP-bashing threads.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Or Panic! at the Disco.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Lyman --

You're becoming a caricature of yourself. You'll know the minute the transformation is complete, because you'll start typing MSM in place of the actual words.

Which is really too bad.

And if you don't see the racism in that ad, I'd take a long, hard look in the mirror.

5. Gee, what a shame.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes. Most politicians do whatever I want if I simply tell them the friendship is over. Works like a charm.

7. Zeke, what the hell are you talking about?

I swear to God, liberals are the least-tolerant people on the face of the earth. If you don't agree with them lock-step on everything, then you're a demon.

I suppose if the "Playboy bunny" were black, you wouldn't find this ad as repugnant as you do? Spare me.

There are a lot of Republicans who would rather be liked than be right. I'm not among them.

8. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I can't believe you don't annoy the shit out of yourself with you bloviating and insatiable need to bash others. We get it -- you don't like Republicans. Move on, please.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

The ad in question:

Corker's response (you'll note it's somewhat different than Lyman's):

Ford's ad (This is how you slap someone down):

10. No, thank you.
    Click on other threads.
    Or piss off.
    I believe in choice.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not a demon, Lyman.

A joke.

12. Tacky? Perhaps. Not racist, however.

And Ford's ad wasn't bad, although "this is how you slap someone down" is far too much praise. Ford will have plenty of time to think about it after he returns to the private sector next month. Oh, wait, he never has been in the private sector to begin with.

Draft saved Draft deleted