1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love being home

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ledbetter, Dec 23, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Probably not. But then again, my mom and dad are the only ones who eat as if taking seconds is a punishable offense. So I bet the rest of us eat enough to prove that we indeed would not have had enough without the second roast.

And if we don't, my mom can nurse those leftovers for days. That will cheer her up in a hurry.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll bring the cranberry sauce.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hey, whatever we can fling in the microwave will have to do at our place.

No one in the house cooks regularly, my mother included. Other parent will pretty much drain what little energy he has standing up to prepare much of anything, and putting proper cooking in my hands is a great way to make a night of it in the ER.

There was a case of Ramen noodles and some other quick-prep things in the pantry. Cheers!

4. Sam Mills 51

*thinking of how this will stack up to the Toronto outing ... *

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'll bring home-baked apple and pumpkin pies.

Right now I'm at the in-laws -- I've had a VERY stressful week and I'm in that "I just want to be home and spend a day doing nothing," which of course means catching up on laundry, cleaning and the rest.

Christmas is too much work, worry and I hate myself for losing sight of the reason we celebrate this holiday. :-\

6. Sam Mills 51

I know what you mean, Rosie. I'm guilty of the same far too often.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Some of the kids are at Gramma's house next door watching a movie, the rest are playing some board/card game. I just wanted five minutes alone with my laptop -- thank goodness they have wireless set up here.

I admit it. I've turned into the Grinch.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Moddy, not bad for a guy who is Jewish, huh?

I'll wake up around noon or so, hit the gym, and then drive over to my parent's house that afternoon. Eat, go to mass, go meet up with some friends so I can drink and be merry, and then sleep in on Monday. The smell of homemade waffles (from scratch) are most likely going to wake me up that day. The only drawback is sleeping on my parent's couch, which is made of something (and one of the very few things) that I'm allergic to. If I don't end up putting some sort of sheet over it, I wake up with that little thing that hangs in the back of your throat swollen about four times its normal size. That makes talking, breathing, and eating damn near impossible since it just hangs and blocks everything.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Really? Your sig left so much to the imagination. :D

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In that case, the three words that best describe you are, and I quote: "Stink. Stank. Stunk."

:D

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

The noise, noise, noise!

I guess my heart is three sizes too small. ;)

And 2MCM, I did shower this morning. :p

My Christmas gift to all of you

How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss

12. Flash

Flash Guest

No trip home for Flash this year. Spending Christmas with friends instead ... so make sure you hug your moms for me, because I don't get to hug mine this year. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted