1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I learned a new slur today ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, the locked ones.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In this country, aren't democracy and societal structure more or less the same? To me, they seem pretty interwoven.

And being harassed when you're just out enjoying a good time with your family isn't?

OK, "bending over" was a poor choice of words. Gays don't have to ask permission from the majority to be gay. What you want to stick where is your own business. Straights should accept that and mind their own business. But speaking as a straight person, I also find it offensive when gays absolutely expect me to accept their lifestyle as mainstream when it's not. It sometimes feels like the lifestyle is being shoved down my throat (no pun intended).

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I was trying to make a point relevant to the topic at hand.  

I was not trying to imply that I, personally, consider children to be "fuck trophies". I had thought by my word choice that would have been clear.

And Mr. Owl Head, you don't know a damn thing about me. For all you know, I may have a spouse and a child and a white picket fence. Again, I was making a point, not trying to proselytize my personal beliefs.  

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

For the record, Cadet, I wasn't referring to you in terms of calling my son a "fuck trophy." I like what you post.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Agreed...it seemed pretty clear Cadet was referring to others.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

And really, we have common ground. Aren't we all -- the breeders, the gays, the child-free, the criminally insane -- our parents' fuck trophies?

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I gotta admit, I'm really excited about introducing "fuck trophy" to my vernacular.

"Get off my god damned lawn, you stupid punk fuck trophies!" This is truly gonna be the gift that keeps on givin'.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

There's a team in my women's softball league called the Breeders. Oddly, I think one-third of the roster is gay ...

Signed,
    Proud to be one of four 'fuck trophies' for two people who loved each other a lot

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Make sure to use it if you're coaching youth sports. Especially in any notes to parents:

"At this level, the important thing is not winning. It's teaching every fuck trophy the fundamentals of the game."

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Silly, silly, silly. The whole thing is so absurd, it's not even worth being bothered by it.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

My "fuck trophy" will arrive in early December......I put more effort into earning that trophy than the rest of my awards combined. As one of my coaches always preached, "if you practice hard, the games will seem easy"......he was right, but it took a while getting used to him screaming that from the end of our bed.

If its a boy he'll be named Stanley.

12. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Um ... uh ... you know ... some people might like that ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted