1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I know what Jesus would do, but we're talking Cubs here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigblueman, Sep 10, 2008.

1. bigblueman

bigblueman Member

I have tickets (third row, above third base dugout) to the Cubs-Astros game on Sunday. It's part of my wife's birthday present because she loves the Cubs. Problem is, she doesn't love the idea of hurricanes and Hurricane Ike is bearing down on the Texas Gulf Coast.

Since Ike is expected to hit Saturday at Corpus Christi (about 220 miles away), and the Astros can close the roof, I say go.

What say you all?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck the Cubs and the Astros.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, I only agree with part of what Bubbler says, but agree with all of what bigblueman says. I know I plan to still go to the Texans' home-opener Sunday. Like you said, they can close the roof and we get to party on.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Spoken like the true bitter fanboi you are.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

But unless the storm begins to track towards Houston I'd go ahead and plan on going to the game.

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Go. You'll be a witness to the successor to Bartman. Ike is going to fuck the Cubs up, even if it means laying siege to Minute Maid or whatever the former Enron palace with the stupid ass choo-choo train is these days.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be baseball season if the Cubs didn't have to sweat out a hurricane situation in September. Isn't this like the third time this has happened in the last five years? I remember a couple of September Marlins trips that had potential hurricane issues.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The Cubs have to worry less about Ike and more about Roy Oswalt and Randy Wolf. Anyway, bitter Brewer fanbois (Hi, Bubbler!) had better become huge Cub fans over the next week, or else their sputtering Sudsmen will end up in fourth place.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What WOULD Jesus do?

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Go to the games and stop hatin ' on Houston. ;)

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I have no idea how it's going to happen, but it will:

The Cubs will fuck this season up, and it's going to be spectacular, no matter how it happens.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In Houston, Jesus would probably run from the INS.

Draft saved Draft deleted