1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just want to be a better person

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Oct 2, 2006.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I never got to watching "My Name is Earl" during prime time, but I've rented these DVDs and anyone who hasn't seen them and wants a laugh should go now and pick them up.

It's absolutely hysterical. I might even bypass renting the last two and just buy them now. Great ensemble cast, fantastic blue collar laughs.

"I know where your mom parks your house." Priceless.

When does this come on TV? I caught previews, but never actually figured out when or what station it came on. I figured I'd just irritate advertisters by watching it on DVD sans commercials.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Thursday nights on NBC at 8:30pm.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think it comes on Thursday nights at 8ish.

In a quibble -- I would not say it has an "ensemble" cast. Seems to have 4-5 regulars: Earl, his brother, the maid, his ex and Crab man.

And Earl is in about every scene.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Joy is just frighteningly funny. "Sorry, honey, I don't speak maid" sticks in my mind. Also, the ep where they first meet the Crabman. First we learn of some mysterious past, then we learn why Earl calls him Crabman. Funny stuff.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's on NBC, Thursday nights at 8/7 central. Very funny show, followed by The Office which is also hilarious.

6. Drock

Drock Member

I want to like My Name is Earl more than I actually do. Though I do think Pressly is great.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Try drinking more. Usually works.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Jamie Pressley last week, in regards to getting Earl to convince lusty Latina (Catalina) to dance at the strip club so she can get out of prison:

"She's Mexican. That's all those people do. Just throw a hat down in front of her."

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Earl's brother, Randy, after police threw tear gas into his hotel room.

"Look Earl, pretty smoke. Oh, it's making me sad!"

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Jamie Pressly got hosed out of a Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series Emmy by Megan Mullally this year (though it was cool to see her thank someone I grew up with on national TV). With Will & Grace gone, I think Pressly's at the head of the line for next year's.

11. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

the guy who plays randy also cracks me up because he was the guy in mallrats who couldn't see the 3-d "magic-eye" picture.

"You dumb bastard...It's not a schooner, it's a sailboat."
    "A schooner is a sailboat."

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

He was also the dumb racist in "American History X"

Draft saved Draft deleted