1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Just Heard Randy Moss Talk For The First Time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Aug 16, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Belichick always said Moss was one of the smartest football people he had ever been around.

2. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Interviewed Randy before his last season at Marshall. After the SI story torched him. I think I got the only one on one with it before they shut it down completely.....he was personable and chatty. The interview took place in bandit Bob Pruett's office, to keep me from going off the rails on topics Randy said he would not discuss, but Pruett sat across the room and, I'm pretty sure, wasn't even paying attention. All in all, quite enjoyable.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's great that NFL fans are now going to see the real Randy Moss after all the years of
    the national media torching him - not that he did not bring some of it on himself.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think I ever interviewed him one-on-one. I remember once in Minneapolis, he didn't say much at his locker, and I was talking to one of the writers from the Strib and Moss came over to chat with him. He seemed very articulate. I asked the writer about it later and he said, "It all depends on the situation." and said he could be great to deal with when he wanted to.

Terrell Owens is another guy who could be a really good interview when he was in the right mood. He's not as articulate as Moss though...

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Moss seems reminiscent of Bill Walton's transformation when he
    joined the media. Public had one perception of him from The NBA
    that all changed when he went on TV and viewers saw a different person.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

better than Brad Dougherty's NASCAR accent?

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Straight Skins, homie.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Moss was actually very telegenic and insightful when he first game to the Vikings. Sharp and tried to explain why he would take this route or that.

Cris Carter was the damn nightmare.

Yet after Moss' various issues with local media, he simply cut everyone off. I always felt Moss did himself a disservice by limiting his access but the guy had been burned a few times by reporters and I can't say I blamed him.

Draft saved Draft deleted