1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just had the best lunch in the history of lunches.......BURP.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jun 16, 2009.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

You guys all fail miserably. I made a chicken and ranch wrap that was as scumptious as any PB&J (or steak sandwich).

Victory.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mmmmmmmmmm that does sound good. I've had to cut down on wraps because tortillas (the non-grossed out all-natural ones) really aren't good for you. I had one for dinner last night though on a spinach wrap. Mmmmm.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I had lunch at Panera today with the girl, does this rate anywhere?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Top-notch company should trump top-notch food. But what do I know?

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

She is and Panera is pretty good also.

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Did you get that from JR's in Oklahoma City?

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Planks BBQ in Garden City, KS is where I got the ribeye sammich.

Oh......and they have a 3-meat dinner....

You get your choice of a huge selection of 3 meats......two sides and a drink for 8.99.

It is orgasmically good.

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I would only need to make two turns to get there from my office. It's the 420 miles in between that's screwing the whole deal.

Fortunately, I can console myself with a trip to Mary's Cafe for the all-you-can-eat Chicken Fried Steak special on Monday nights.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The quality of dining has improved since I lived in Garden City.

El Zarape was my fall-back place. When we first started going there, you had to walk through the kitchen to get to the back dining room.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the one in Strawn?

11. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

That would be the one. Home of the reigning Six-Man Division I state champeens.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I ordered an entree at a place around here specifically because the menu said it was accompanied by tater tots, which I love. When the meal arrived, there were two lumps about the size of tennis balls. They were mashed potatoes covered with flour and then deep-fried. They were not tater tots. I was extremely disappointed. You do not fuck with tater tots. They are supposed to be crunchy, greasy, salty little morsels that you dunk in ketchup. Sometimes I dismayed by restaurants' desires to reinvent foods by making them worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted