1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just got HBO ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jun 22, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I asked the same question about two months ago maybe. Never had HBO until then, and I'm 32. I know...

Getting ready to move into our new house in a few weeks and the wife asked me if we were keeping HBO. She's lucky the divorce papers weren't drawn up on the spot.

Entourage, Eastbound and Down, and Hard Knocks are enough on their own to make it worth the $10/month or whatever.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I know you and I know your wife. Don't act like her fingers weren't crossed when she asked about the HBO. If that provocation didn't work, be ready for the next one!

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm telling you, it's Sunday Ticket or else....

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

And Emmitt Otter's Jug Band Christmas.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think that Real Sex show has much potential to have more than one episode.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Last night's episode of 'First and 10' really set up the rest of the season nicely.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

You know, I bet Inside the NFL will be on HBO forever.

8. Curb
    The Wire
    Eastbound and Down
    Oz
    Extras (was BEYOND hilarious)
    Real Sports is also awesome (the story about binge drinking at NFL stadiums was appropriately much about the Dead Tree Club at Skins games, those guys are true degenerates).

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Don't forget the nightly showing of H.O.T.S.
    But seriously, seven pages and no mention of Deadwood or Six Feet Under?
    See you in September when Real Time returns (I'll pass on Joe Buck replacing Costas as Maher's 10 p.m. Friday partner).

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hey! That actually IS awesome! And it's Emmet.

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

12. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Get Emmet on VHS, by the way. The DVD version removes all Muppets connections - meaning you don't get Kermit as the narrator, and you lose the original intro.

Draft saved Draft deleted