1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have been down the rabbit hole...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... and it's friggin' freaky. Just looking up info on the story about Harvard dumping its Israeli investments and stumbled unwittingly upon a white supremacist message board, www.stormfront.org.

Whoa.

Some of it would actually be funny, if you didn't know that these jackholes posting it were serious: Like, the dude with DUIs and a bit of a record, no diploma and "not good at anything" going on a White Power message board and asking career advice. (Because when I think "good decisions" these are the people that come to mind.)

Or "Should white nurses be able to treat openly black patients?" Openly black? WTF?

Scary, scary people with about four brains cells and six teeth between them.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The righties are getting curiouser and curiouser.

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I am mortified I clicked on that link, but curiosity got the best of me.
    I did learn one thing that shocked me.
    In the FAQ section, there was this:
    So in response to the question, "Who's White?" we answer: "Non-Jewish people of wholly European descent. No exceptions."

Thus, I -- red hair, skin that would never tan, raised Catholic, but with great-grandparents on one side who hailed from somewhere not in Europe -- am not considered white. Yet under these crackpots' rules, my Muslim friend from the Balkans is considered white.
    I am especially happy I'd never be accepted in their club.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, but that is a direction unto itself.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, this isn't a right/left thing. This is a right/wrong thing.

These people are the scourge of society.

Draft saved Draft deleted